Wednesday 3 March 2010

Stereotypes.

I was tempted to write another blog. I feel inspired.
.
.
.
Why is it that old people always like to criticize the 'younger generation'. I don't mean to sound rude or aggressive, but to be completely honest, I'm sick of getting dodgy looks every time I pass one on the street or when I'm walking to my seat on a bus.
I mean, could you be more stereotypical? Not every teenager wants to stab and rip everything they see. I know not all old people are like this, but it's the majority that gives me dodgy looks.
I got a new haircut today, and I wasn't sure I liked it enough yet, so I kept my hood up. Then as I was waiting for my bus, I let an older person go in front of me, and the looks I got were disgusting.

Another example of stereotyping is when just last Friday, I was stopped by the police for a 'routine search'. Routine search? Yeah, right. I got a copy of the report and apparently I was stopped for looking suspicious. What kind of a a world do we live in when walking down the street listening to music is suspicious? I was asked if I had any drugs on my possession - I didn't, of course - and then I was asked if I knew of any suspicious activity in the area, which I didn't. And since I was forced to empty my pockets, I lost my £5 for Youth Club. I wouldn't have been so annoyed by this if there wasn't an equally 'suspicious' looking man walking about 15-20 feet away from me. But, of course...I'm a teenager. I must be violent, aggresive and addicted to drugs. Seriously police, stop stereotyping and look for people that actually do look suspicious.

Why don't we stereotype all old people as smelly fish-people, and all police as doughnut-eating pigs, and see how much they like it. Not much I would assume.

What do you think of common stereotypes nowadays. Leave a comment. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment