Thursday 4 March 2010

Mrmm...Cake.

Is it just me, or does hardly anyone know how to cook these days. I'm practically living off a diet of frozen chips and some other random freezer item (today was a turkey steak).
I mean, I can cook pretty well...but my mother can't, let's be honest. Her range is very limited. So she buys the same things over and over again, and I hate eating the same things. It would be nice to replace spaghetti bolognese with macaroni and cheese on day.
I can make a really good cake, because I'm good at following recipes and adjusting where it's needed.
But the thing I love is the 5 minute chocolate cake in a mug. Ready in 5 minutes and quite delicious too!
Here's the recipe:
4 tablespoons plain flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
[optional]
3 tablespoons chocolate chips
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
Add all these ingredients to a large mug and mix them all thoroughly. Put in the microwave for 3 minutes. Yum. :)

I haven't added the optional ingredients myself, and I'm considering adjusting this myself. Maybe add some orange zest and syrup.
Let me know what you think of this cake. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment